Proconics successfully, completed a continuous air emissions monitoring project at the Bio-sludge and High Organic Waste (HOW) incinerator stacks for Sasol, Secunda. For this project, Therbo Electric Rod technology was implemented to measure the Particulate Matter (PM) and FTIR (Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy) technology was implemented to measure the remainder of the required components as per the set Government regulations – Management of Air Quality Act of 2004.
The Proconics Analyser department was involved and responsible for the following activities during the project:
- Conceptual/Basic Engineering and Design;
- Technology selection (analyser equipment);
- Detail Engineering and Design (analyser equipment and sample conditioning systems);
- Detail Engineering and Design (analyser shelters)
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for the above mentioned equipment;
- Construction, Manufacturing and Installation;
- Commissioning of the analyser equipment, shelters, utilities and electrical distribution systems;
- Management of various discipline interfaces;
- Maintenance activities.