Specialisation Instrumentation & Control Services
Control systems upgrade
We pride ourselves on integrating your new system with existing plant systems and have developed a highly successful as-build procedure for your current design before implementing your change-over.
- Identify input information needed for project execution
- Brownfields: Requires relevant as-built documentation
- Specifications and applicable revisions
- Clear understanding and interpretation of specifications
- Uncertainty management
- Procedures in the event of unclear or problematic technical information problems
Legacy system upgrades
Proconics has extensive experience in undertaking brownfields legacy system upgrades replacing out-dated relay safety equipment with state-of-the-art technology. Our professional team and in-house design processes ensure your upgrade goes smoothly & without incident.
Fire and Gas systems
Proconics combines extensive experience with specialised technological expertise in the domain of fire & gas alarms, as well as communication systems.
Our services include the upgrade of existing systems as well as specification, design and implementation of systems for new plants and factories. Our specialised knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of fire & gas alarms and communication systems in petrochemical plants has placed our team in high demand at locations around the world.
Online analyser systems
Proconics combines extensive practical experience with technical engineering and project specialisation. Our experts are perfectly positioned to assist in the upgrade of existing systems, as well as the specification, design and implementation of new projects. Our professional team of experienced engineers are highly sought after for their knowledge and design skills in often challenging conditions. Proconics implements on-line analysis hardware and software to allow you to constantly monitor the quality and purity of gas and liquid samples – without relying on manual lab testing.
- Finding solutions to challenging on-line analyser applications
- Investigating and reporting on all on-line analyser applications
- Implementation of new technology
- Design of customer analyser shelters, sample transportation and conditioning systems as well as manual sample facilities
- Highly experienced and qualified engineers
- Project management to ensure smooth communication channels and project execution
System integration and control systems
Proconics offers you the experience and expertise to tackle any problem relating to Control and Instrumentation Engineering and Design. Our range of services offer you access to a variety of specialist disciplines not found in most systems integrators or engineering houses.
- 3rd party interface design
- Adherence to international standards
- Complex field integration (e.g. analysers)
- Complex sequence design & coding
- Efficiency design & implementation processes
- Batch operation and tracking design according to S88, especially for highly complex and multi-branch applications
- Brownfields and greenfield system as-build, analysis and documentation
- Client needs analysis e.g. user requirement specification (URS)
- Compilation of standards and philosophies
- Conducting of FAT’s
- Control and functional design and documentation, client review and liaison
Compressor control system upgrades
Pneumatic, hydraulic and relay-based electronic compressor/turbine controls & safeguards are maintenance intensive, expensive and system integrity has often decayed to introduce unacceptable process risks. Pulling together all the skills required by such a project, including the mechanical modifications, turbine speed pickups, vibration analysis and safeguards as well as compressor overspeed and surge protection devices requires insight and experience. A track record counts in this business. Proconics has extensive experience with upgrading defunct control systems and offers proven expertise in converting pneumatic & hydraulically controlled compressors/turbines to programmable electronic controllers with short operational downtimes. We specify the right instruments to measure accurately and install high frequency electronic controllers to give your operators the feedback and control they need.
- Specification of new field instruments to replace pneumatic instruments
- API/IEC international compressor protection standards
- Systems integration
- Electrical supply and interfacing
- Mechanical interfacing requirements
- IEC61508/61511 SIL studies and calculations
- Project management
- Construction management
Safety integrity (SIL) and functional safety
Proconics is uniquely placed to help you manage your risk and ensure the highest standards of safety by offering over 15 years’ of experience and expertise. Our team is able to design and implement safety integrity systems and processes to help your plant conform to the International Electrotechnical Commission’s (IEC) standard IEC 61508, now IEC EN 61508. We undertake to make sure that both your hardware & systematic safety integrity is ensured. Control system failures occur for many reasons including incorrect specifications, design and implementation, incorrect installation and commissioning, and post-commission alterations. Managing your risk allows you to maintain your safety integrity, comply with international standards and reduce the risk of plant accidents, loss of life and production shut downs.